Monday, September 08, 2008

counting down

...4 days away!!! This photo above is what I think of New York: fast, bright, exciting. Hopefully, we can keep up with it! Ha!

So, a couple of you have wondered what we will be doing while we are there. Short answer: Everything we can. The long answer I will try to keep short and sweet.

We are going to eat a lot of good food, shop 'til we are broke (just kidding Seth), walk 'til we drop, and pretend we are New Yorkers and do what they do. :) We are going to eat lunch at Central Park, see the dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History, pay homage at the World Trade Center site, view the New York skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge, window shop 5th Avenue, eat brunch on Sunday and have afternoon tea too, watch a Broadway show, take the Subway and a taxi or two, go to FAO Schwarz and spoil our kids, get up early (at least the first 2 days) and stay up late and try to have as much fun as possible.

Right now though I have to do laundry, clean the house, plant some bushes, mail a bill, find a birthday gift for my nephew, call Goodwill, make some snacks and things for the boys, and try to figure out if I have everything I need. So, bye for now!

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

This sounds so FABULOUS!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Anonymous said...

You'll have a great time - I just know it! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but the Met is amazing, so if you make it towards Central Park stop by. Of course, like many of these places, you could spend a week alone just exploring it!

Christy