Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22

...Today, I am 31.

This morning, I made pumpkin pancakes in honor of the First Day of Fall. I woke Rhett and told him breakfast was ready.

me: Happy First Day of Fall!
R: It's the First Day of Fall?
me: Yes it is.
...
R: (shyly) Happy Birthday Mom.

That made my day.

R: I think Noah and me are getting you a gift.
me: That's sweet.
R: You know those fake gross teeth I got? I think I'll paint them all white and then give them to you to wear.
me: O-kay.
R: Well, maybe not. They probably don't fit you.
me: Too bad.

When we opened the door to say goodbye to Rhett, my friend had left a gift on the bench by the door. Noah saw it and asked who that was for. I told him it was for me because it was my birthday.

N: It's your birthday! Happy Birthday!
...
N: How long until my birthday?

Later, while he was eating breakfast, he asked, "Can I sing you the happy birthday about you smelling like a monkey? Or would you not like that?"

N: I can make you a cake.
me: You can?
N: Yeah. I'll make you a yummy cake too. Or maybe I'll make you pancakes. Or I could just make up another song for you.
me: That would be nice too.

So, happy birthday to me. I may smell like a monkey and wear gross, painted white teeth, but I think I am still pretty lucky.

***
Happy Birthday to my brother. Casey, as far as brothers go, and I know I only have you for an example, but still, you are the best. Rhett saw a golfer on tv yesterday and was so sure that was you. He knows that you are pretty special. So does Noah, so do all your nephews and nieces and especially your son. Love ya!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is great - and how could it not be if you are getting gross white teeth to wear!!!

Mom

Krista said...

You have sweet boys!

Happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh great! Rhett & I got you the same thing! Just kidding! :) In case my gift & card haven't made it...hope you had a wonderful day!

Love you!
Christy

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We hope you have a special day.

Matthew and Sara (and Scott and I too) think you are very special. Have an extra special year!

Love
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Aimee! I hope your special day was awesome! I got so tickled at reading your post!!!

~Ginger

H Noble said...

Little boys give the best gifts! Happy belated birthday dear. Hope you are doing well and look forward to another fabulous year.

Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday, Aimee! I didn't forget, but our internet was down earlier this week and I wasn't able to send you a message! I hope it was a wonderful day, though. It's so hard to believe we are 31!! Weren't we JUST 19 the other day??
Love you,
Andrea