Friday, September 26, 2008

my present to me

...This is what I wanted for my birthday. Yes, it is a water bottle. BUT-it is a BPA-free water bottle from CamelBak. As you may know, BPA is that chemical that mimics hormones in your body and has been linked to obesity and cancer. So I told Seth this is what I wanted for our family. I ordered 4 on Monday from amazon.com (the best place, I think) and they came yesterday! Noah and Rhett were excited because the package had something for them, not just for me. But they liked the bottles too. Although trying to explain leaching chemicals and hormones to your children was rather difficult and I gave up after many, many questions from Rhett. (What's a hormone? What do they do? Are they bad? and on and on)

I feel good though. I am trying not to buy anymore plastic water bottles from the store anymore. Convenient as it is, it just makes me feel guilty. I grew up without those things, so I can do without them again.

I also bought 2 of the CamelBak bottles for my brother, but I don't think he was that impressed. "I don't know what I am going to do with them." were his exact words. :)

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really neat.

Sorry that your brother isn't more gracious! I really tried!

Mom

H Noble said...

I feel incredible guilt whenever I drink from a plastic water bottle too! Way to go on your purchase! And yes, that sounds just like Casey. Grab one of those golf clubs and smack some green sense into him!