Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 poems (po ms)

...a haiku about my tv shows:

Juliet, then George
lives hangin in the balance
happy it's not real

a haiku about my week:

Boys read to me now
I sit and listen with pride
happy it is real


Quick note: Apparently, I have been saying the word "poem" wrong my whole life! I already told you Rhett's embarressment about it. I finally looked it up and even asked my husband and friend how to say it. Rhett is totally right. It is po-m, not poi m. Why has no one ever said anything before? I know I don't go around saying the word very often, but in 31 years no one has ever stopped and said, "What did you say?" I am not upset, just interested. Rhett is happy to know that I am practicing the correct way to say it. I can almost do it without it sounding like the word pom. Is this not the weirdest thing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mumbles,
How can you possibly say no one has ever not understood what you are saying? Ha! Actually, poem might be one of the few words I can remember you trying to fully enunciate, which is maybe why Rhett picked up on it.
I bet a lot of airport p.a. announcers say poi m also.
Love you anyway,
Dad

aimee said...

very funny dad. very funny.

Krista said...

I learned not to say "poim" in my first English class at Trinity. I think it's definitely a Texas thing, though.

Mumbles. Ha!