Tuesday, May 19, 2009

even the dogs are happy

...

7:10- Rhett runs into the room and yells at me. "Mom, it's time to get up!"
7:15- I start ironing the huge pile of shirts that have accumulated in 2-3 months time.
7:22- "Mom, you are going to have to take me to school. We are running late. It is already 7:22!" Rhett, the bus comes at 8:22. "Oohh. Never mind."
8:15- Taking a break from ironing, I put sunscreen on Rhett and make sure he has a water bottle. Today is Field Day!
9:10- Noah wakes up. I fix him breakfast and let him watch a little tv. After all, I am still ironing.
10:00- Noah's friend comes over.
10:30- Ironing finished! Whew. 3 hours later, I make myself promise never to wait that long again.
10:45- Get a shower.
11:30- Fix a lunch of chicken noodle soup (for Noah), hot dog (for friend), and salad for me. I am the only one who eats what I fixed. So, an hour later...
12:30- Nutra-Grain bars for a snack. Noah and friend get shoes on, sunscreen on and head toward the car.
12:45- We leave. Yes, it took 15 minutes for all of that to happen.
1:00- The kids are dropped off and my friend and I wait for a few minutes in the school parking lot because we both signed on to help for Field Day.
1:15-We find the PE teacher and she assigns us each a station. We wonder why there are no other parents around.
1:30-3:00- I continusly chase mini-basketballs and pass them back to children seated on scooters. I am sweaty, hot and no longer wondering why there are no other parents around. Duh.
3:10- We leave for home. I fix myself a bowl of cereal and turn on the computer.
3:26- Rhett calls from school. He doesn't want to ride the bus today. Could I pick him up?
3:28- Head back to the school. Find the boys, and slowly drive out of the car-packed parking lot.
3:35- Mom calls. Can't talk because we are off to get smoothies with a neighbor.
3:45- We hit Starbucks instead. We both need a shot of caffeine. Field Day was exhausting after all.
4:15- Rhett looks like he hasn't had a bath in days (popsicle at school and cinnamon roll at Starbucks and a trend of not wiping the face makes for one messy kid) so I lecture him on the importance of hygeine. We head for home.
4:30- The boys stay at my neighbor's house for a while. I finally get back to the computer. But the cereal I had to throw out.
5:00-Boys home. They play the Wii for a bit.
5:20- 2 other friends come over. We all play outside and have a great time.
6:00-Bye friends. Supper time already?
6:20- Tuna fish is ready!
6:48- Finally call my mom back.
7:05- Outside again. Play with the dogs and the boys, in that order.
8:00- Daddy's home to play with boys. I clean toilets.
8:30- Go for a walk with a friend. Love this time of day!
9:14- Boys finally in bed. Sit down to watch Dancing With the Stars.
10:26- Done. Talk to Seth for awhile. Do some laundry. Get a shower.
11:30- Sit down to blog about something. I figured I hadn't done a "day in the life" in awhile. I am glad I did this. It shows me that I can spend time with my kids and husband and friends and still get things done. I may not get to bed until midnight, but some days are like that I guess. The boys had a good day and so did I.

I'm going to bed now. bye!

6 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

I have to say that I am impressed! I can't fathom a scenerio where I would start ironing five minutes after I wake up. ;)

H Noble said...

I was thinking the same thing. Five minutes after I wake up (the second time b/c I generally go back to bed after the boys leave!), I'm sitting in my favorite chair with a glass of milk and a Fiber One poptart, and doing nothing else for quite some time. Remember when I used to be a morning person???

Sounds like a very full but good day. Cherish the moments!

Krista said...

I iron twice a year, tops. So you are not alone in your ironing procrastination!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Grandmother Shaffer loved to iron - and when she first started ironing, she used the heavy flatirons that had to be heated on the top of the stove before you could iron with them. She is the only person I have ever known who admitted that she liked ironing!

Mom

Cheryl Wray said...

I love it! That's so cool to keep track with a typical day!!

You should do a scrapbook page about it!