Friday, May 29, 2009

last day of school

...Like Noah, Rhett has changed this year and learned so many things! Here is Rhett on the first day of school:

And here he is on the last:
I am wishing I fixed his hair this morning but I guess that is okay. Here is one where he is fake smiling. Something about 2nd grade changes kids' smiles into this wide grimace. I wonder if he is thinking, "Why do I have to stand here and take another picture? Why Mom why!!"

Rhett has gone through at least 3 different lengths of jeans and 3 pairs of tennis shoes. He wears out everything he wears and outgrows it so fast I can't keep up! He is also on his third pair of glasses since the first picture. He likes to grow his hair out, then gets sick of it and wants it short, but not too short! He thinks he is hilarious but so does his friends in class. He is also one of the nicest friends one could ever ask for. So genuine, so caring and so responsible. PE is his favorite class and he doesn't like to have math homework. Rhett loves to read and has been reading the Percy Jackson series that I have mentioned before on the blog. He is ready to read the last book of the series now and he loves the story so much! Rhett also loves his teacher and revealed to me last night how much he'll miss her. Aww. What a sweetie.

I don't know if I can think about him being a 3rd grader next year right now. I do know that I am going to just enjoy the summer with my two boys and just try to have the most fun we can have.

Noah's friends invited him to the zoo this morning, so we are going to go there before school and then we have end-of-year parties and then...it is over. I hope you have a great day and if it is your last day of school, then enjoy!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, he has no more gaps in his teeth. Third grade sounds just impossible.

Anonymous said...

I think that I get more nostalgic about the last day of school than I do the first. There was always something about not teaching the students that I had really learned to appreciate that was somewhat melancholy for me. Sounds like Rhett is that way with his teacher. I'm so glad that he had a teacher like that to remember.

Mom

H Noble said...

My, oh, my! Its crazy to think about you having a third grader, but time just flies doesn't it? So precious they are!