Tuesday, May 26, 2009

a recap

...This past week was busy! Nana and Pop came to visit, Rhett was promoted, Noah had Ocean Day at school, most of us went to Friona to see cousins and celebrate a milestone and now it is the last week of school! Here are a couple of pictures:


Rhett is now a Bear Cub. Yay! He gets to wear a blue scarf instead of a yellow. It also means he has a whole new set of requirements to fulfill. :) Nana and Pop were there to witness the event and he came home so excited. I was not there because I had a Swim Team Meeting. The boys are joining the neighborhood swim team and I think that will be a lot of fun for them.

Friday, I went to school with Noah because they celebrated Ocean Day. It was basically a "get really wet" day but they had a lot of fun. One of the perks was that each kindergartener got to choose his/her own goldfish. Noah chose a silver one and his friend and neighbor chose an orange one. This is an important detail so remember it. Because our neighbors were going out of town for the next week, they asked if we could babysit their goldfish while they were gone. Sure, we said.

Then, the boys and I left town as well. Seth was left in charge to care for all of the fish that we now have. He called on Sunday afternoon with the news that one of the goldfish jumped ship. Literally, he jumped out of the aquarium. How does a small goldfish do that? I don't know. I asked which one. The orange one. Our neighbor's goldfish!!! Of course. He was already so upset to leave his fish in the first place and now it is gone. Good thing it had no markings. I'll be making a trip to the petstore later in the week to replace it. Although, we may have to tell them because the boys know and they will not be able to keep this a secret.

My grandparents celebrated their 65th Anniversary on May 15. My mom had cake and a little party for them this past Sunday. My sister Jana and her kids, my brother and his son and the boys and I were there to help eat the cake. It was great to see them. 65 years is amazing! In the picture with my grandparents is Nicolas, Noah, Rhett and Cameron. Nicolas' sister, Isabel was napping so that is why she is not in the picture. We all were slightly worried because Noah is sitting on Grandad's leg that has a brace on it. He has had 3 knee replacements and Noah tends to jump on laps. Thankfully, he was mostly careful.

This week will be busy as well, but I am happy it is the last week. Summer, here we come!

3 comments:

Krista said...

That's a great picture!

We had a fish jump out of our aquarium too. Crazy.

H Noble said...

Busy times! Congrats to the boys on their promotions and accomplishments! Jared's Kindergarten graduation is tomorrow morning, and I can't believe it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap -- I've been wondering where you were! :)

Christy