Thursday, May 28, 2009

Noah, kindergarten graduate

...School is almost over and taking a page from my sister's blog, I am showing you a couple of pictures of Noah on his first day of school and then some of his almost last day of school.

On the first day of school, Noah was so apprehensive. I remember when he was walking in his classroom with his new friends, he turned around, spotted me and yelled, "I love you, Mom!" Every other parent "aahh-ed" while I held back tears.

This is Noah, age 5 in August of '08:


This is Noah, age 6, yesterday:

This year he has lost 5 teeth, learned how to read and is now reading chapter books!, painted like Monet and Degas, loves to keep his hair short and spiky, loves his DS and Wii and would play these all day if I let him, found a new best friend and a couple of girlfriends, still is so stubborn but doesn't lose his temper as fast as he used to, played soccer and is going to play t-ball, loves to find plants for the garden and call them his own, still is sweet and thankfully, still loves to snuggle. He is a charmer and he is my moody child. This summer we are going to work on learning to tie shoes (even though he doesn't have laces on his shoes) and buttoning his pants. Fine motor skills. :)
At the graduation, Noah tried so hard not to smile. He kept twisting his mouth to try to stop the smile from coming. I think he loves attention but tries not to show it, what do you think?

They sang a song and then was handed their diploma. That was pretty much it for the ceremony. We then had cookies and lemonade. Rhett missed some class to see his brother graduate, which I thought was sweet. He even missed his class's talent show, although if he knew that, I don't know if he would have gone to the graduation. I am glad he came though so Noah had some family out there in the audience. Unfortunately, Seth couldn't be there because he was out of town on business. So having Rhett there made me happy.
Noah and me:

Noah, congratulations! We are so proud of you and we love you very much.




5 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, what a sweetie. He's grown up so much this year!

Anonymous said...

Aimee...he has gotten sooo big -- and quite handsome in his graduation tie! :)

Christy

Anonymous said...

Wow! How handsome - and grown up he looks!

Mom

The Taylor Family said...

Congratulations Noah! Little ties are so cute...if I had boys they would wear ties all the time. Ok, probably not, but I would try. ;)

H Noble said...

How sweet! Jared graduated this week too, and I can't believe they are so big! Precious of Rhett to attend as well.
You look great!