Thursday, March 03, 2011

add this project to the list

I have found fabric that makes me want to sew.  To be a seamstress.  Mom, I'm gonna need your help. 

Ruffle Fabric is exactly what it says it is.  I happened across it one day while googling "ruffle fabric" to see if I could find fabric that looks like Anthropologie's bedding that I am in love with but just can't spend the moolah for but I also know I could never sew that to save my life.  Anyway, this site has ruffles, and lots of them, ranging from cute and frilly to soft and beautiful to "hey, I'd like a casual skirt in made from that."   Wouldn't that be great in the summer?  I'm hoping I can pull this off and even more hopeful that the fabric will arrive before Spring Break so I can bring it with me when I go visit my mom. 

While I'm hoping, I will also throw in that I hope that any sewing lessons from my mom will go better than the last time we tried this.  Ha!  I vividly remember trying to make a pale blue dress and accidently cutting the fabric that was supposed to be the front of my dress.  I was so frustrated, even though Mom spent so much time trying to fix it (with a fabric overlay in the shape of a V.) If none of this makes sense, I am sorry.  I don't have any visuals but can see it perfectly in my mind. 

I can sew okay now.  And I think the skirt I have in mind will be fairly easy.  But I do want to make sure nothing goes wrong because I do so love this fabric. 

And to my family and friends that have girls, wouldn't a ruffle skirt look adorable on your daughters?  If I can do this, your girl(s) may be getting one.  I have to share the ruffle love and my boys just wouldn't appreciate it.  :)

7 comments:

Krista said...

This is so funny -- I was just contemplating the idea of sewing skirts for the girls for the summer (they hate wearing shorts, and I can't find any skirts I like anywhere).

So I would be happy to be the recipient of a couple of skirts!

aimee said...

That was my problem. I love wearing skirts in the summer, so freeing...but I can't find any I like. So why not make them?

Seriously, send me the girls' measurements. I will make them a couple. Yay!

Karen said...

I also hope that these sewing lessons go better than the last ones. I remember that you never even wore the dress after I spent all of that time trying to fix it! Maybe both of us have grown up a little!!

Abbey said...

Sign Lillian up for a cute skirt! :) Hope the project goes well. We should meet up over spring break. L and I will be there from Mon-Sat.

Anonymous said...

Sara loves skirts - she is such a girly girl. Aunt Aimee would be her best mom ever!

Anonymous said...

Feel free to practice on one Hadlee's size! :) She would be a great model!

Christy

alex said...

nice blog.. keep blogging..

Alaska King Salmon Fishing
Seattle Fishing Charter
Fishing Charter Seattle