Tuesday, March 22, 2011

flowers, flowers everywhere; Rhett's a hitter!

I love my camera. I have never taken better pictures of flowers than I have with this camera. I love my photo editor too. It is so fun to play around with my images and find things that make my pictures better.

These flowers are from my front flower bed.  The pansies were buried under a foot or more of snow and are still beautiful.  I don't know how they do it but what an amazing flower. 


Here is a tulip.  My first tulip to bloom.  I'm so proud.  :)
The next two pictures are of the same tulip, but different filters.  I kind of like the bottom picture better but the top is a brighter red.  Which do you like?


I have different filters for the next shot as well.  I liked both so I put them both in.  This is my favorite tulip color. 
Ahh...spring. Finally. 
And this is what I've been working on yesterday and today.  My back flower bed.  I planted some grasses and just love this striped grass.  Boo has been eyeing it so she much love it too.  She also eats this mulch for breakfast so I sprayed some Boundary dog spray (very stinky) around the flower bed in hopes that the dogs stay out.  They love to go behind the bushes and dig.  Actually, they love to dig anywhere in the bed.  So I am hoping that the weed fabric, rocks around the back edge and the spray deters them.  Hope with me, will you?  Do you think it is a lost cause?  I don't want to pen them up but I may have to when we aren't outside.  It may just be too tempting for them. 
I'm not done with the back yard but I ran out of gas.  That wore me out.  And I need to do some other things too.  Maybe tomorrow I will get back to it. 

Rhett update:  Last night he batted an RBI! I didn't see it because I took Noah home so he could go to bed ("It's not fair Mom.  Rhett gets to stay up late and I don't.") but he hit one right to the pitcher and even though he was thrown out at first and tangled with the first baseman and bruised his knee pretty badly (you should have seen him limping proudly), his teammate made it home.  That's pretty cool.

Oh and don't tell his eye doctor that he played.  His eyes were dilated yesterday afternoon and the doctor strongly discouraged him to play.  He was bound and determined though. 

Noah update:  He is bound and determined to not let me forget how much he wants a Pokemon DS game.  That is all.

Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, those are beautiful flowers. Your whole garden looks good. Sorry your dogs think so too!

And I have no idea what an RBI is but way to go Rhett!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...thanks!

An RBI - that is so exciting! Bet Seth was a proud dad!

Christy