Monday, March 21, 2011

it started out as a Monday

This morning began with a bang.  A dog to clean up after and two boys who slept in after a week of getting up extra early-just because.  We missed the bus, again, and so we hurried out the door to make the bell.  (This would sound so much more dramatic and much less pathetic if the bus didn't get here at 8:10 and school didn't start at 8:50 am).  I forgot my cell phone, so had to race back home to get it, then on to Lowe's to find plants for one of my flower beds. 

The fun began!  I picked out several ornamental grasses and a pink garza plant (my fave).  But that fun didn't last long because I had to work after that.  I had to even out the dirt, put weed fabric down to deter the dogs from digging, rocks around the back near the house to deter the dogs from digging (you see a pattern here?) and now I've run out of rock and mulch so I have to go back tomorrow.

This afternoon Rhett goes to the eye doctor and I really am hoping for some different news than the same old story.  "Does he need surgery to correct his eye because it isn't getting that much better and he doesn't seem to be growing out of it?"  "Can he have contacts because his glasses are a pain to keep clean and adjusted?" Oh and sunglasses.  Got to ask about those. 

The day is not over for us.  Tonight is Rhett's first game of the season and it starts at 7:45 pm. I want to watch all of them this week (we have baseball every day this week except Tuesday) but then again, I don't.  But I keep reminding myself:  This is what Rhett likes. 

So today has been a Monday.  Right now, I am reminding myself of the fun we had last week, visiting our family in Friona, getting to see old friends and while Rhett and Seth went to NCAA basketball games on Friday night, Noah and I went to see Rango (is it just me or was it trying to make a political or environmental point, albeit subtly?  If you've seen it, let me know in the comments.  Also, Johnny Depp.  Love him, even as a lizard.), Seth cleaning the house last night while I sat and watched The Real Housewives of Orange County (please don't judge me), and I am also reminding myself of future fun (I get to see Krista soon!!) so I can get through this day and perhaps week.

I also am going to try blogging more regularly.  Casey mentioned that I don't much anymore.  And Dad has my blog bookmarked on his phone (it looks like an app!).  So I need to get with it.  I will see you tomorrow with pictures of my tulips because I am so excited they are coming up. 

Have a good day.  Even if it is a Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too watch Real Housewives -- good thing is that it is on all the time, so it is easy to catch those you miss!

I missed seeing you guys! Any pics from the trip or the garden?

Christy