Thursday, March 24, 2011

three short thoughts; bittersweet in mood

  • I helped Noah and his classmates make ice cream today.  It was a pretty cool experiment and just a little messy.  I love getting to see Noah during the school day.  He is always so happy to see me.  Rhett is too.  I have missed that this year.  In their school, parents aren't allowed to volunteer for their child's teacher, so I don't get to see them as often as I did last year.  It was fun.

  • Yesterday, there was a funeral for a young man in Bixby, Oklahoma and "those" protestors (you know the ones that are always in the news.  I don't want to say the name because I don't want them to get even more attention) came because they hate Oklahomans for some reason or another.  It makes me sad, to see such hate and lack of compassion.  Then you see the other side, the wall of anti-protestors that protect the family from the hate and it is so beautiful to see people work together for good. 

  • Our heater just turned on for the first time in a while.  It is much cooler today, of course, because Rhett has a ballgame and I'll be able to stay the whole time this time.  So, of course, it will be cold. But he may pitch tonight. That will be exciting because he so wants to pitch.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

1 comment:

Krista said...

How did you make the ice cream? I am intrigued.

Those protesters make me furious. It's unbelievable how far out of their way to go just to hurt other people. I do love the stories of towns blocking their protests.

(I swear I posted this on Friday but apparently it didn't take.)