Wednesday, March 23, 2011

C25K Week 2 Day 1 reflections*

Yesterday, I went to the gym. It was kind of spontaneous, well, actually, the buying of new sneakers was spontaneous, the guilt that followed was self-generated.  (As in, I just spent good money on a pair of good work-out shoes, now WORK OUT or else!) So, to the gym I went in my new shoes (they are the Sketchers Tone Ups which, judging by my sore butt and inner thigh muscles, really work.) and I began my Couch to 5K program again.  And I found that it really wasn't that hard, this running and walking on the treadmill thing.  I actually enjoyed it.  I would walk and read To Kill A Mockingbird (again) and then run and think about things like "Wow, my neck looks old." (I saw my reflection in the tv monitor) and "I can't believe I named my dog after a man who stabbed his dad with scissors."  and "But doesn't Boo Radley redeem himself in the end?" and "I can't believe its been so long since I've read my favorite book that I don't remember these things." and then it was time to walk again before getting to deep into thought.

It really went by fast.  30 minutes, 165 calories burned (is that really it?) and I was out of there.  I also had energy to go back to work in the back yard for awhile. 
I have decided I must go back at least 3x a week.  And only read To Kill a Mockingbird then because that will motivate me. 

I have also decided to start using night cream on my neck.  Or is that too much information for you?

*I need to tell you in full disclosure that I started C25K last month.  Since I walk/ran only once a week, then took a couple of weeks off, I am only on Week 2 when I should be, oh, much farther.  But I didn't have the shoes.  Now I do.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you are ready to run a 5K and maybe we can do one together! Maybe one in Dallas or somewhere fun! Melissa