Tuesday, March 29, 2011

setting myself up for a fail

Good afternoon. If anyone is counting, it is Dogs 1 Me 0 as far as the garden is concerned. Somedog (I'm not naming names, but a not-so-little puppy has dirt written all over her face and fingernails) totally ignorned the Boundary dog spray and went right for a plant in one of my pots and also one of my grasses. She totally dug that up and took up some weed fabric along with it. I had that tacked down! She also pulled up some plastic that was under pea gravel which was by the air conditioner to keep the dogs away. (I read that they don't like the feel of pea gravel under their paws. I guess that was wrong). So, wait, that means it is Dogs 2 Me 0.

Sigh.

After blowing a fuse, I am calm now, the garden is halfway back to normal and the dogs are put away in the laundry room. I realize that I was just asking for it by planting grass. What dog doesn't like grass? And mulch? And apparently, fabric? Back to the drawing board...



Mangos.  Delicious, yummy fruit.  I found them at Sam's.  We've yet to eat all of them but we are working on it.  I took this picture last week when it was sunny.  I don't mind the clouds, really, I don't, but I do wish it would rain if there were clouds.  And spring is the only time with decent temperatures to enjoy here in humid Oklahoma.  Summer is coming up fast and the hot temps await. 

Wow, I really trailed onto another subject there.  I was going to say that I'm working on taking photos inside with no flash and I have found that lots of light is helpful.  Everyone probably knows that so I won't say anymore on the subject.

I'll end this post on a good note:  This morning, I awoke to the sound of my boys laughing.  And that was a really nice way to start the day.

Bye for now...

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm afraid that you may be fighting a losing battle - at least this year. At least the dog which shall remain unnamed is not a Saint Bernard!

Krista said...

At least you are attempting to do something with your yard...ours looks pretty disgraceful. (Doesn't help that our mower has a flat tire, but that shouldn't affect the flowerbeds.)

I've tried to like mangoes but just can't get there. I did have mango ice cream once that was very good.

Anonymous said...

Our backyard looks like h*** thanks to our only mowing and Mack. Wish I had the time and patience like you to make it look even better! Pictures look good. I need to take some lessons on my new camera - lots of features....but just use the basic mode. MKH