Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Noah!

...Last night Noah was so excited because he knew that he was going to wake up and be 5! Also because he knew he could open his 2 presents that I held back from his birthday party. He then looked at me and said, "Mom, I don't want to grow any older than 5." I asked why and he answered, "Because I don't want to go away from you." Is that not the sweetest thing? How he already understands that growing up means leaving your parents I am not sure, and I know by the time he is 18, he'll be ready to get outta here! :) I just told him with tears in my eyes that I will always be in his heart and he in mine. That way we'll never have to be apart from each other.
Of course, last night's conversation was farthest from his mind this morning. He was ready to open his gifts! I guess it is a tradition now to open presents in the morning. I know it started because 1) impatient little boys and 2)Daddy wanted to see them open them but had to go to work so now that is what we do. It gives them some excitement in the morning.
PS-Rhett has figured out by not riding the bus in the mornings and afternoons buys him more time to play with his new toys. This week I have been taking him to school and picking him up from school. It does give him 1 more hour in the day to play; smart kid. :)

3 comments:

H Noble said...

How sweet he is! That brought tears to my eyes and he's not even mine!
Happy Birthday week to your little men!!!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Noah. I can't believe that he is 5!

Mom

Krista said...

Happy birthday to that cute boy!