Monday, December 10, 2007

more on that frozen stuff, birthdays and Christmas

...Earlier today I wrote that frozen ice fell from the sky. Being that ice is already frozen, I think I meant frozen rain. :)

No school Tuesday. It should be warming up but Wednesday there is a chance for frozen rain again. Rhett wants to go back to school and I don't blame him. They are going to be making gingerbread houses and working on their Christmas program. He misses his friends and his teacher.

Noah, on the other hand, is happy to be home.

Rhett is worried that everyone will miss his birthday party. I told him since most of the guests are his neighborhood friends, I am pretty sure they will still come. And actually this weekend looks like nice weather ahead.

Noah, on the other hand, has no concerns about the party. His concern lies in his gifts: He just wants something robotic. This is the first I've heard of this and we've already bought birthday gifts, so he will not be getting that. I don't think he will be disappointed because he likes everything right now.

And I've finished all my Christmas cookies. Or at least I decided that I am not making any more. After 4 hours in the kitchen, making a big mess, letting the boys cut out cookies, mixing several batches of cookies and cleaning the big mess, I am also wondering if I should just order their birthday cakes. That sounds so good right now.

Oh, and one more thing. Rhett is going to be Joseph in the Christmas program at church!! He is pretty excited about it. He did tell me one thing before he got too excited: "I hope Joseph doesn't have to kiss Mary." I assured him that he didn't in the play. Whew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to make cookies lately--wish I had some done. I hope we get to come see the boys in the program--don'tknow about the weather. Love, Sandy

Krista said...

Order the cakes. You deserve a break!

Anonymous said...

I second the ordering of the cakes. Oh, and I have to see pictures of Rhett and Noah in the church play! Be sure and post a few!

Christy

Sherry said...

Life is sounding wonderful...it always is at this time of year with little ones...as for the birthday gifts and "robotic"..one nice thing about birthdays close to Christmas...Santa can always come through!!! Unless my guys wanted something specific that was going to be in short supply, I always left my gift buying until as close to Christmas as I could...they changed their minds weekly!! :) As you said though...they forget and are just thrilled with whatever it is they receive!

H Noble said...

You sound so busy, busy! Enjoy every minute, but take care of yourself too. Yes, we want to see pics of the play!
Holly