Monday, December 03, 2007

the countdowns begin

...It is December! The boys are beyond excited because Rhett and Noah have birthdays coming up in 13 and 16 days respectively. We have figured out our party plans, sent out invitations and now all there is to do is wait. And wait. And wait. Noah said it seems like his birthday will be in 100 days, not 16.

The boys are also going to be in our church's Christmas program. Noah is going to be an angel (he is very excited as angels are exceptionally powerful) and Rhett is going to be an animal (either a donkey or horse). This is their first Christmas program and I am looking forward to it. I still can remember putting on that angel costume at my church and just waiting for the year I could be Mary. Sadly, I never got to be Mary because I think we stopped doing Christmas programs because we ran out of little kids, but I digress. Anyway, it should be fun to watch.

Rhett and Noah are also getting into the Christmas spirit by listening to songs and watching movies. Their favorite movie to watch: Home Alone! Casey and I watched this so many times when we were younger and we loved it! You should see Rhett and Noah howl with laughter at the robbers' expense!

And, it was my niece Mallory's 6th birthday yesterday! I was going to have Noah help me wish her a happy birthday but he had a bad day at school so he is not in the mood. But, I will say that I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a wonderful tea party and got wonderful presents! I can't believe you are 6! You are a beautiful, creative, smart girl and I am proud to be your aunt! And I know Noah secretly is wishing you a happy one. Rhett too!

Have a fun Monday!

PS-Happy belated Birthday Abbey! I hope you had a great celebration!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I have to say, the joys of December when my two were younger...it was great...plays, choirs, their excitement...it was truly magical. Part of the "best" in being a parent!! Even on the days they were wretched from pent up excitment, trying so hard to be good...hyper behaviour...they were just so happy to be "in" the month.

I know your guys are going to be "dancing on the ceiling" and I'm sure they are going to be great in the play!

Christmas videos/movies? Oh yeah..that is part of the tradition...my guys like Home Alone (still), Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story...so many!!

Abbey said...

Thanks Aimee! We had a great time. Sorry you missed it. My goal is to post pictures sometime this week so keep checking! So far 30 rocks!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, December is here. And I LOVE it!!!But I cannot imagien also having two birthdays to plan and celebrate. Wow!!!!

Krista said...

Thanks from Mallory!

And I left a comment on your previous post the other day but it didn't show up...weird. I said, you said it better than I did about Santa, and that Casey did get something other than a jar of tears...in fact that may have been the year that someone (not Santa, who was always fair!) gave him a fancy skateboard while the rest of us got sweaters, so it all evened out!

aimee said...

Oh yes. That may have been when I started realizing that him being the only boy in the family def. had its perks.