Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Rhett!


...Rhett is 7! The night before his birthday we were saying "good-night" to him and he said: "Mom, you don't have to check on me anymore at night because I'm a big boy now." (This was after I told him he didn't need the light in the closet on at night because he was a big boy now). I told him I would probably check on him anyway. He said, "Okay!" A few minutes later, he and Noah came out of the bedroom and Rhett said: "Noah is scared. I think he needs a light." Uh-huh. So the closet light was turned on again.

Rhett was so excited about his birthday and kept asking me when we were going to celebrate it. I told him we were having his party at 3, but we celebrate his birthday all day. He really got excited then.

Rhett opened 2 presents from us in the morning. (Noah does have pants on by the way. He sleeps without a shirt on) He and Noah also opened Aunt Krista's gifts. They loved them and were a big hit all day long!

Don't look at the cakes too closely. They were quickly baked and frosted. Rhett let his best friend help blow out the candles which I thought was nice.

And Noah was so excited to finally be celebrating his birthday too. After all day long hearing that it wasn't his birthday, it was Rhett's, he finally got to hear Happy Birthday too!

Noah the angel at the children's program at church. He loved having wings but didn't like the halo too much. He did wonderfully! He sang and even danced some. I was impressed!
Rhett aka Joseph also did great. He was a little nervous being in front of everyone but toward the end, he also sang some. I think they were both glad it was over with. After weeks of rehearsal, they were pretty tired of singing.
Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Krista said...

Rhett looks so grown up! I guess that's because he's SEVEN, wow. I'm glad they liked their presents. They looked cute in their costumes, too.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I think that this is the first time I have missed Noah's party. There were a couple of Rhett's that I missed when you were in Houston, but not Noah's.

Mom

Toby E. said...

Happy birthday to both boys!!!

Abbey said...

I can't believe it's been 7 years since I held baby Rhett! Time flies. They are both precious and I hope they had a wonderful party

Sherry said...

It all sounds wonderful..birthdays, gifts, cakes, pageants...they grow up way too fast!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Christy

H Noble said...

Yea! We love birthdays and are glad the party and cakes went well. Rhett really does look so much more grown up than when I saw him in the spring; they both do!
Holly