Monday, December 10, 2007

icy wonderland


...Yesterday, frozen ice fell from the sky. The boys had fun breaking it off of the chairs and feeding the ice to Scout, who loves ice.

Then it got dark. And the ice kept raining down. And our lights went out. We lit candles, Seth started our fire and we brought the boys in the living room to sleep. About an hour later, the lights came back on and I left the "comfort" of the floor and headed to bed. At 4:30 am, Noah also headed to my bed. Such a young age and he already knows the floor isn't that great for a bed! Anyway, I was awake so I turned on the tv and found out school was cancelled. Rhett was so funny this morning. He ran in and said, "Mom! We slept in! We are late for school!" When I told him the news he smiled.

Seth made it to work okay but said it was really slick.

So that is what is going on here. More rain is coming down now, so I don't know what our situation will be tomorrow. But I do know one thing: Winter has begun.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Hm. It's 80 degrees here!

Sherry said...

Nasty weather...a perfect day to stay indoors and cocoon!!

Anonymous said...

It is yucky here as well. Perhaps I will get to sleep late tomorrow like Rhett!

Christy

H Noble said...

It was 80 here on Saturday and 40 today- you never know with Texas! Enjoy the weather, but be safe!!
H