Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8.08



...It's Olympic time! I love the Olympics. Although I could go two years without watching any sports at all on television, when the Olympics rolls around, I could watch all 2200 hours (or however many hours it will be televised). I used to dream that I could, too, be an Olympian but not having access to an ice skating rink, gymnasium or swimming pool kind of put a damper on that. :)

Because it is Be Inspired Friday, I leave you with another short, awe-inspiring moment of the Olympics:

Lopez Lomong will be flagbearer of the USA tonight at the Opening Ceremonies. He is a 1,500 meter track runner who became a US citizen just 13 months ago. Eight years ago, he was brought to America as part of a program to relocate children from Sudan, a war-torn country. Now, he is an Olympian.

Amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the opening ceremony? All I can say is Wow!

Mom

Anonymous said...

We are so wrapped up in the Olympics, as well! I think Chris had an over load tonight between trying to balance both the Olympics and the Cowboy game. Brother! LOL! Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend! Hugs! Love, Ginger