Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day

...Rhett and Noah had highs and lows yesterday. Mostly highs.

Rhett was a little sad because he knew his best friend wasn't in his class. But he found out that one of his other good friends was and that he would have recess with his best friend, so it all turned out well.

He liked his teacher, was ready to ride the bus and looks so grown up in these photos, doesn't he? Wow.

Noah was so excited to go to school. Just could not stop smiling. When I took him to school, he lined up with his class, turned around and yelled, "I love you Mom!" Everyone's "aahh"s did not help me from tearing up and having to turn away quickly.

This is Noah. Being a big boy.

I will have bus pictures tomorrow. We had a little drama on the bus yesterday, so no good pictures. Everything is all right and yes, it involved Noah, who kept it together until he saw me. Apparently, no one would sit with him. Or no one noticed he was sitting by himself. :(

Anyway, Day 1 is over. Day 2 has begun and it is already been difficult getting Rhett out of bed. Funny how the first day excitement is really just that.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Rhett on the phone that I was also having trouble getting out of bed so it isn't just the students! Sandy

Anonymous said...

How grown-up they both look. Hard to believe that they are both in school!

Mom

Krista said...

I love Noah's smile in that first picture. What a sweetie. I hope there is no bus drama today!

Anonymous said...

Oh, they both look great & happy to be back to work! Can't wait for more pics!

Christy