Thursday, August 14, 2008

a full plate

...Lately, I have been filling my plate with more and more things. Things for the boys, things for Seth and me, things for me... My life is going to get much busier this coming school year.

1. Fall Sports: Noah is going to play soccer and Rhett, flag football. So for 8 weeks, starting in September, we will have practices during the week and games on Saturday.

2. Bible Study: Seth wanted to do an intensive bible study at the church this year called Disciple. I decided to join him. As nervous as I am about this (I have a problem with focusing on what the bible is saying, what God is saying to me), I am a little excited too. This study will last until May and I feel like I am back to school. Exactly what my mommy brain needs. Exactly what my spiritual side needs too.

3. Small Group: We also have a small group through the church that will be beginning again. This is good for us. Both Seth and I are introverted and it is hard for us to get out there and meet people. Small group has helped us do just that.

4. Yearbook: I am PTA chair for the school's yearbook this year. It isn't going to be as hard like a high school yearbook, but I am sure it will take some time. But it gives me a chance to take a lot of pictures. Note to self: charge camera's battery!

5. YMCA: Earlier I told you that I joined the Y and it has been only 2 weeks, but I love it. I have never been so sore (ultimate kickboxing class) but I haven't felt this good in a long time. And it is something for myself which I have found I need. Plus I catch up on the news when I am on the treadmill. Not only will I be healthier but more informed! :)

6. Sunday School Teacher: I am taking over as lead teacher in a couple of weeks. I don't think this will be hard but it is something I will have to prepare for.

All of this means that I am going to have to become more organized at home. Get up a little earlier to do laundry, make freezable meals when I have time, not letting the clutter pile up. This may be the most difficult thing of them all. ;)

6 more days of summer. I am going to enjoy them.

4 comments:

Krista said...

You are going to be busy! Sounds like good stuff, though.

Abbey said...

And you thought you didn't have a full time job!! Kudos for doing it all especially the yearbook. That will be fun. Hope you guys have a great school year. I go back on Monday. :(

Cheryl Wray said...

We have gone through the Disciple study at our church (I actually did both Disciple 1 and 2). It is intensive (you have to read A LOT), but it is really good.

I LOVE Fall sports. The boys will love it!

H Noble said...

That is an awful lot of stuff Aim. Hang in there and remember that you are doing your very best for you, your marriage and your children. And enjoy it! :)
H