Tuesday, August 26, 2008

i said hey

...What's going on?

Here is a little update:

Friday: Our anniversary was wonderful. Seth surprised me with beautiful flowers in a square vase (lots of daisies--he remembered I love daisies!) and then surprised me again with a romantic dinner for 2. He took me to a old farm house turned into fancy restaurant that had beautiful surroundings, great steak and a quiet environment. I don't know how long it has been since I lingered over dinner, but that night we did and it was wonderful.

Saturday and Sunday: We spent our time with our neighbors and just hanging out mostly. We had a good weekend. It wasn't too busy and it wasn't too hot.

Monday: Back to school for the boys. Rhett said it wasn't fair that he has to go early in the morning while Noah gets to sleep in and go just in the afternoon. Life isn't fair, kid.

Rhett and Seth went to Cub Scout Info Night last night. Yes, Rhett is now a Cub Scout. I think he is excited.

Monday night, late: I was up making a dreamcatcher for Noah. Last year at school, Rhett made one and I hung it up in his room. Then the boys started sleeping in the same room together. Until Sunday night. I told them to try to sleep in their own rooms because they were fighting. Noah said he didn't like his room. I asked why. He said because there was no dreamcatcher in it. Now he has one and he is happy. Ta-da! (That is what I felt like saying after accomplishing the task. While it wasn't difficult, I did have to maneuver unraveling yarn through the bead openings and that was quite frustrating.)

Today: Noah said he made 2 new friends today. Who are they? I asked. Noah says, "Umm, one's a girl. I don't remember her name. But it starts with a D." Dana? Dolly? Delilah? (He laughed at that one, but I love that name). Diana? Deedee? Dora? None of those seemed to ring a bell. So I said, "Tomorrow, you'll have to find out Miss D's name and tell it to me." Noah looks confused. "Misty? Who is Misty?" Sigh.

1 comment:

Krista said...

So Noah's in afternoon kindergarten? I would find that unfair too if I were Rhett!