Friday, August 22, 2008

last night and today

...Last night, my small group from church was blessed to have a wonderful woman come speak to us. Crystal Miller, who is a relative of one of the couple's in my small group, absolutely blew me away with her story, her faith, and her honesty and openness to share both.

A Columbine school shooting survivor, she told about that day, some of the friends she lost and how it forever changed her life. Because of this event, as she called it, she became a better person and now lives for the Lord and His glory. What I thought was refreshing is that she said she still has difficulty in following God's plan sometimes, and it is painful and hard at times, but she knows that it is right.

I was so inspired by her. I am so glad I was there.

***

Today, Seth and I have been married for 10 years. Seth, I wouldn't have changed a moment of it. I love you and I am so thankful I asked you for a slice of pizza that long ago day.

Happy Anniversary, sweetie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten years has passed quickly. Enjoy every day you have togeher. We, also, are glad you asked for the slice of pizza (I don't know that story). You are a blessing to our family and we are very thankful to have you love our son and grandchildren. Love to all, Sandy

Krista said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Celebrate today and everyday - we love you all.

Melissa

Cheryl Wray said...

She sounds like she had a wonderful message. Very inspiring!

And Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you, abundantly!
Love, Ginger