Monday, August 11, 2008

beginning of the Olympics, end of the summer

...I was screaming last night (at about 10:35 pm) because the American Men won gold in 4x100 swimming relay. Did you watch it? The most amazing swimming race I have ever seen. They edged out the French men (who, incidently, talked some smack on the Americans) and I was very excited. I think Seth was a little frightened of me. :)

The Opening Ceremony was just wonderful. I have a feeling that one won't be topped by anything for a long time.

***
This is our last week of summer so hopefully, we'll do some fun things. Swimming, watching the Olympics (when else can the boys watch so much tv?), play with friends, maybe go watch a movie...

We are going to try to get to bed earlier this week. 10 at night has been their norm for awhile.

I am also going to try to take some photos this week. I haven't taken any since we got back from vacation. Do you even remember what the boys look like? Hee! Hee!

***
Oh and one more thing...Exactly one month from now I will be on my way to New York City.

(Oh there I go screaming again. Now the boys are frightened.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for your NY trip! I LOVED NY, so I hope you will too! A friend of mine that I will be teaching with just moved from Manhattan - she taught in the Bronx - interesting story I'll tell you by email!

Can't wait for more pictures!

Christy

Krista said...

One month! Woohoo!

I didn't see the swimming (fell asleep unexpectedly), but we did watch some of the gymnastics. I love the Olympics!

Abbey said...

That race was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I love the Olympics...especially when they tell you about the journeys of the athletes.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, Aimee! We have also been watching the olympics, of course. LOL! I think you and Chris were yelling at the same time. I was in the guest room on the computer when he went ape wild in the living room. Ha! Ha!

~Ginger

H Noble said...

We DVR'd the opening ceremonies and haven't had time to watch it yet. Missed so much good stuff, but wouldn't trade our camping vacation for anything! Did catch some 100 and 200m runs last night and some floor exercises the night before. So sad to miss such greatness.
Holly