Friday, February 06, 2009

be inspired Friday-cute baby stuff edition

...So I am trying to find some cute baby things to make for a friend of mine that is having triplets.

(take a moment, let it soak in)

Triplets!

I cannot imagine.

Last night I happened to catch the Friends episode where Phoebe gave birth to triplets and on the show, her water broke and she gave birth naturally.


Ha! I guess it is funnier than having a c-section.

My friend hopes she can make it 32 weeks but with 9 weeks to go and already quite uncomfortable, I know she is gonna need all the prayers she can get.

Anyway, back to cute baby stuff. I bought a package of cloth diapers because I want to find ribbon and sew them on the diapers to make cute burp cloths.

Like this:

(this picture is from the website that I linked to: makeandtakes.com)

And I bought some plain onesies to make something like this:

(This photo is from the always inspiring How About Orange. I have that link on the left)

I am also in charge of making her triplets and her oldest son (who at almost 2 years, is going to have his little world turned upside down, don't you think?) prayer blankets for the shower. I think this will be fairly easy because they will be made with fleece and just have the strips to knot, but finding cute fleece fabric for the blankets and cute fabric for the onesies is proving to be what's hard. Any ideas?

And is that sentence correct? Finding cute fleece fabric for the blankets and cute fabric for the onesies is proving to be what's hard. The English majors and the teachers that read this blog need to let me know. :)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, triplets! I can't even imagine.

Yes, the sentence is correct.

For fabric, I think that you need to come to Friona and look at Maloufs. She usually has cute fleece. She also has a website and you could look online.

Mom

Krista said...

Triplets, wow.

Good luck with the projects! You're a good friend. I'd just hand over a box of Huggies and call it a day!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...Maloufs - I used to love that store as a kid. Lots of places to hide & roam around!

Triplets...Boys? Girls? or a combo?

Christy

H Noble said...

Wow is right! Did you know Charissa is having twin girls?

Love the burpcloths! Charissa made us one with red satin ribbon on one end and monogrammed a train on it. They are oh, so soft after being washed a few times!

You are a great friend and she'll appreciate it all!