Monday, February 16, 2009

scrabbled mind

...Playing Scrabble with my two sons proved to be difficult tonight. Rhett just couldn't grasp the concept of spelling words with the letters on the board and Noah, well, here is what playing with Noah is like:

Noah: I am going to spell Fij, using the F.

me: what is fij?

Noah: you know, the soda. Fij.

me: Noah, Fij is not a word. Let's see what else you can spell.

Noah: But I have to use J! It is 8 points! How about Fuj?

At the end of the game, Noah lost by 20. He immediately starts crying.

N: I am the worstest of this game!

me, wanting to say: No, since I essentially played for all of us, I guess I just did the worst with your letters.

Oh well. Live and learn.

...

I am reading a book about organizing your life. It has many suggestions that make me want to pull my hair and run screaming into the night. So maybe this book isn't for me.

Place Mail to Review in a Folder. Have personal folders for every member of your family to put their mail inside. Have several other folders for other pieces of mail. Have lists for every item in your possesion and put down if someone borrowed them.

Do you realize how long it would take for me to get folders, decorate them so they look cute, make cute cards for the lists and then go through all the things that ultimately, do not care if they are borrowed or not? It is stressing me out just to think about it.

I get that being organized would probably make me a better person. However, as a stay-at-home mom, sometimes the only excitement I get is trying to find the ringing phone before the caller hangs up. And sometimes I purposely put it somewhere hard to find just to annoy my husband. (You know I am just kidding sweetie!

3 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

I love the decorating the folders part...I would do the same thing. It would be interesting to meet the type of people that actually do this folder/list system. I don't think I will be borrowing anything for them any time soon.

Anonymous said...

I think that the folder system would drive me insane also. I like my system of leaving all of the mail on the island in the kitchen until Thursday, when I go through it!

Poor Noah! Why isn't fij a word!

Mom

Krista said...

Fij should totally count as a word. Even if I've never heard of that soda. You should've alloted yourself an automatic "bingo" just for trying to play with them!

I kind of do the folder thing. But they're certainly not decorated.