Thursday, December 21, 2006

my favorite things





...the taste of homemade cookies, the smell of cinnamon,
the red, green and white decorations around the house,
the boys putting ornaments up on the tree...
These are a few of my favorite things.


Opening Christmas cards, wrapping gifts for my loved ones,
the chill of the air outside means its the first day of winter,
packing up tons of clothes to go home...
These are a few of my favorite things.


Things don't always
go the way they should
but instead of being sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad!

(I'm in the mood to watch The Sound of Music. Does anyone know when its on tv?)

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your favorite things! I also love all of the same things you love. Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year!
And thank you so much for your comment on my blog today. :)

Missy Glave said...

Aimee ... thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm just having time to catch up!

The cookies look yummy and those nutcrackers are amazing!!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Missy

H Noble said...

Hope you had a good Christmas. I always love your pictures. We had every intention of visiting you in Friona, but my family passed the stomach bug around, so I thought it best to stay home!
H