Thursday, December 14, 2006

only at Nana's

...Yesterday, Noah asked me if a kid from his school was going to be at Nana's house for Christmas. (I had already told the boys that we were going to Nana and Pop's house for Christmas and Santa would come there on Christmas Eve.) I said no he probably would be with his own family. Then he said, "Well, I guess he won't get any presents."

It took me a minute but then I realized something: Noah thought Santa was ONLY going to Nana's house for Christmas Eve. No where else. I quickly said, "Oh, Noah, Santa goes to everyone's house on Christmas Eve. Not just where we are." Oh.

The irony of this situation is that I decided I wanted to have Santa go to Nana's in an effort not to confuse my children. They have talked a lot about how Santa comes on Christmas Eve and I didn't want to have to explain why he was coming early to our house (because we would be out of town) because I know I would have to keep explaining (but doesn't Santa go to Nana's house too?) Well, turns out, Noah was confused anyway.

It is just so funny. I wonder if he thought, "Wow, I must have been a great kid this year. Santa is only coming to see me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Sometimes we forget how kids think about things!!

Cheryl
www.lifewithcherylwray.blogspot.com (Yep, blogger's still being yucky!)

Krista said...

Mallory learned about Saint Nicholas in school last week, and she asked me how he and Santa Claus "became two different guys." I ALMOST said, "Well, Saint Nicholas was a real person," but caught myself just in time. Because, you know, she still thinks that Santa Claus is a real person too. So I said, "Um, um, um...they're brothers!" Which was pretty lame, but she bought it.

aimee said...

they are getting to smart, I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

I love the things that kids come up with. Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh today.

It's Nancy from Daily Blessings, bloggers making me be anonymous!

H Noble said...

How cute! I'm sure he has been very good though!
Holly