Sunday, December 10, 2006

signs, scrapbooking, and Santa

...Happy Monday! In 5 days, Rhett will be 6 years old! I can't believe it. In 8 days, Noah will be 4. My babies are getting older and while I am so happy, I am also very nostalgic. I can remember holding their little warm baby bodies close to me and now I can barely pick them up. I remember Rhett coming into the hospital room to see his new baby brother and I thought he looked so big then. His hands were huge compared to Noah's. I never had that shock with Noah and so I still think of him as my baby. I told him that the other day and jokingly said that when he was 65, he would still be my baby. He thought that was funny, especially when I said that he'd probably be a grandad by then.

But oh, I am so enjoying my boys. They are so funny and full of life. The other day, I told Rhett and Noah to sweep up under their stools and then went into the other room. Later that night, Seth went into the kitchen and asked if Rhett wrote this:


I looked and just burst out laughing! First, I think it is great that Rhett is writing his own notes. But it was so hilarious because how he spelled it and to think of writing his brother's name too, when, I know, Noah did not help at all.

_______________________________________

And here is something I created for Christmas. I used leftover tiles (Seth said next time, let's buy some cheap ones and not use the ones leftover--he wasn't too happy that I did that!) but I think wooden squares would work too. It was fun to do, especially since I haven't scrapped in a while!

____________________________________

And finally, the boys saw Santa on Saturday! Our neighborhood had sleigh rides and a visit with Santa and it was really neat. Rhett and Noah knew exactly what to do.


Santa: What do you boys want for Christmas?

Noah: A remote controlled spider!

Rhett: Uh, umm, umm, oh, a Legos Knight Kingdom.

....

Rhett: No, an IPOD!

Noah: Yeah, an IPOPE!

Santa: Ho! Ho! Ho! An expensive year....

Just so you know Santa, they are not getting Ipods. Not this year anyway. :)



Have a great day!

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

They just grow up so quick, don't they??
GREAT pictures of them with Santa!!
And I absolutely LOVE your tiles. You did a beautiful job on them!!!

H Noble said...

Cute tiles! Tell Seth its okay, and honestly what will you use them for anyway?! ;)

Jared and Tyler went to visit Santa too, and Jared is now a little panicky because he told Santa he wants a football helmet, but he forgot to tell him a Texas Tech one. WHAT IN THE WORLD WILL SANTA DO???
Kids are so cute- and I love Rhett's note!
H

Krista said...

Rhett's note is great, your tiles are beautiful. And I hope Noah gets his "ipope" after all!

Anonymous said...

Hey - glad to see the scrap work. You know how I enjoy seeing your pages or in this case tiles.

Rhett is already writing like my 9th graders! I have a hard time conviencing them to spell out "R" "U" "w/" "cuz", etc.

Christy

Anonymous said...

Love both the tiles and the note!
The pictures with Santa are great.

Mom