Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rhett is 6!


...Rhett was born on the 16th of December in a small town in Kansas. A week later, we moved to Amarillo. Looking back at that now, I don't know how we did it, but I know God blessed me with a sweet baby who hardly ever cried and was pretty happy-go-lucky. Rhett has since moved 3 more times in his life. He has lived in every kind of weather--from hot and humid to just hot, from breezy to blow you over windy, from cool at night to freezing during the day. He has seen an ocean, the mountains, has visited 3 other states for vacation, has lived in 3 (which is remarkable because I lived in just one until I was 22). He has flown in an airplane many times and occasionally says he wants to go to the moon someday. He is smart enough that I think he really could if he wanted. Other times he says he wants to be a policeman, a spy, a dinosaur hunter. He is a dreamer and I love that about him. He is like me in that way. Mostly, he is like Seth. He looks like him, wants to be just like daddy and he is just as sweet. He is the most unselfish kid I have ever met, always thinking of ways to help, even if you don't want it. He is sensitive and friendly and funny. He likes to get into things and he always wants to know how things work. And questions--he has asked a million. And he still is curious! He always wants someone near him and he is such a wonderful big brother. He loves Noah so much and comforts him when he is sad. Noah thinks he is the coolest--I know because I asked. He didn't even hesitate. Noah knows what Seth and I know--Rhett is a one cool kid. And we love him. And we hope his 6th birthday is the best!
Happy Birthday Rhett!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rhett!!!

What a cute, cute picture!!!

Cheryl

www.lifewithcherylwray.blogspot.com

Yuck--does this mean I'm going to have to switch to Blogger beta? I really don't want to, but Blogger is beginning to irritate me!

Anonymous said...

The time has passed too quickly. He should still fit in that pan! Tell him Nana and Pop wish him a Happy Birthday and can't wait to see him and all of you. Tell Rhett and Noah to have a great party Saturday. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Rhett! Six - wow man, you're getting big! Have a great birthday party my friend.

Christy

Krista said...

Happy birthday Rhett! I remember how excited I was when Grandmom called to tell me he'd been born (and how sad I was that I couldn't see him right away). He is a very cool and smart little boy -- not so little now, I guess. Hope all your birthday dreams come true, Rhett! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet baby! I remember this picture well! I can't believe Rhett is 6 and Noah 4!! Enjoy them!

BTW, we ARE moving at the end of this month. Keep us all in your prayers. Thanks a bunch!

mallory said...

Those pictures are SO cute!

-Mallory