Tuesday, July 17, 2007

a little of this, a little of that

...I have pictures to share but I am too lazy to upload them right now. Tomorrow will have a lot of pictures, hopefully! I have been taking many of the boys, being silly, being mad, being serious, being happy.

I also secretly took one of my husband and his brand new lawn mower!!! Why is this such a great thing, you may be asking? Because Seth has been thinking of getting a new lawn mower for a year. He finally took the plunge yesterday and bought it. All I know about it is that it mulches the blades of grass so small that they fall back deep into the grass where you can't see them and that it is self-propelled. That means I could even mow without thinking that I am pushing an elephant up the hills in our yard. Yay! :)

*****
Hot weather has finally come to Oklahoma. After 2 months of rain, we need the dry air, I guess, but I already wish it weren't so hot.

*****
The countdown to the last book of Harry Potter has begun for me. I have already told my family that I will not be available on Saturday or Sunday. I am so excited about the last book. I haven't seen the new HP movie yet, but we are finding a babysitter as I write, right Seth? :)

*****
And yes, I am so aware that for several, several Tuesdays I have not shared any scrapbook things. Besides the work I am doing for the design team, I haven't really been scrapping. At all. I guess I am taking a little break. Maybe with all the photos I plan on taking this week, I will be inspired to create some layouts again. But I am not too worried about it.

*****
We have been in Oklahoma for almost a year now. I have to admit, I love Edmond. I love the people, I love the atmosphere, I love our neighborhood, our house, our yard, yes, it is one of my favorite places to live. And being a Texan, that is no small thing to say, right?

Really the only thing that makes me shake my head is the newspapers. Edmond has a local newspaper that is so conservative, so anti-liberal that it is almost funny. I am not saying I am a liberal or a conservative--I really think I am more middle of the road--but in the past month, I have really taken a disliking for this kind of "liberals are so un-American" view. They have mentioned Jane Fonda several times (and use her unfortunate nickname) and are still incensed that she did what she did over 30 years ago. I just can't believe that people haven't just let it go. Because that is what they need to do. I have read her biography, she has explained herself, she apologized for what that photo must have looked like, she has gotten past it. Why can't everyone else? They automatically discount anything anyone who has a more liberal view and I just find it---unsettling. Because one of the things I am going to look for in the next President of the U.S. is how he or she can unify our nation, not if he/she is liberal or conservative, democratic or republican. There are so many more important things than that.

Anyway, I have talked to long. I just had to get that off my chest. I hope my friends in Texas (and husband) forgive me for my views. :)

Have a great, great Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have visited the OK City/Edmond area a few times and we have really enjoyed it as well. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Christy

Krista said...

If you ever need someone to share liberal views with, give me a call. :)

I loved your last two posts, by the way, especially all the stuff about the boys. Just haven't had time to comment.

And I asked Chris if he would take the kids somewhere for 48 hours so I could read HP in peace, and he just laughed at me. So I'm going to have to read it in bits and pieces, unfortunately.

Abbey said...

Yeah for new lawn mowers!! Joel has been checking out the John Deere riding mowers for when we get the new house built. Can't wait to see the pics!

H Noble said...

We're with you on missing the rain and cooler weather for sure, although its still not as hot as a normal summer would be here. And not nearly as hot as Phoenix, which I don't have a desire to ever visit again!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week with Seth at home, and don't worry about the scrapping. A break is just fine!
H

H Noble said...

Ok Aimee, seriously. I can live with your 'middle of the road' concept and we can 'meet in the middle' on Jane Fonda, but liking an oklahoma town more than Texas. That may be more than our relationship can handle. Do they have counseling for friendships?

Justin