Saturday, July 14, 2007

mommy highs and lows

...Rhett and his toothless grin.

Noah and his infectious laugh.

Rhett and Noah ringing my doorbell over and over. (They are supposed to be getting the mail). I finally go to the unlocked door, open it while saying, "I didn't lock the door!" when they both say in unison, "I love you!"

Rhett asking, "Why?" after everything I say. Because I said so has escaped my mouth many times over the past week.

Noah melting down every time he has to go home after playing with friends. Every time he has to share. Every time he doesn't get his way.

Noah telling me that I am the best mom ever because he got to go swimming with friends.

Rhett telling Noah in response to his remark is that I was not the one who planned it.

Rhett and Noah finally getting a joke from one of my childhood books called The Laugh Book.

Of course, the joke is about underwear.

Rhett having the ability to hear the things we don't want him to hear exactly, but when we speak to him, he either says, Huh? or repeats it back to us completely mixed up and wrong.

Rhett and Noah wanting to be near us all the time.

Even when we are in the bathroom.

The way Noah tells stories. He is animated, his tone is hilarious and he makes sure you are listening.

Rhett's heart. His kindness is amazing. People tell me all the time how sweet he is, how caring, what a great big brother he is.

The fact is they are growing up fast. They can have conversations with you now, they can tell you what they want or what they don't want. But they still need me. They still want me. I love that.

I am so happy that they still want to snuggle with me. I hope the day never comes when they don't want a hug from their mom.

My goal this week is to take lots of pictures of the boys. Because I haven't in awhile. Because I am feeling like I need to capture Rhett at age 6 and 1/2 and Noah at age 4 and 1/2 before it is gone.

Now I am going to bed. Good night.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

This makes me want to have my own kids someday!! Thanks for sharing them all. You are an awesome mom and the boys are lucky to have you!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

awww... SO SWEET ... =)