Thursday, July 12, 2007

our new bedroom

...is finished! Well, the walls are at least. We hope to put wood floors in eventually, but right now I am just enjoying the finished product. Here are some photos:


I show this because 1)it only cost me about $20 for all three frames and photos. I know! I found the open frames (meaning no glass and backing) at Hobby Lobby for $4 each (clearance sale), took the photos myself (and I think they are pretty cool views of the St. Louis Arch, if I say so myself) and ordered them online, and found 3 pieces of glass from old frames I was no longer using. Seth had picture hangers in his tool box and I cut cardboard backing from a box. I love that it costs so little, yet looks great! Yay!

Can you see the chocolate ceiling? I love it! The walls are called white barn and the quilt is from West Elm (westelm.com). Thanks to Jana for having the catalog at her house. I love that store! Seth ended up having to choose the quilt for me because I had so many choices. It is an indigo color and is very soft and comfy.

And this is the piece de resistance. Also found at westelm.com, it is a botantical mobile and it adds fun to the room. I love how modern yet comfortable our room is. It is very grown up feeling as well.

I know I have gone on and on but this is our first bedroom, out of 5 houses that I have painted and decorated. So it is a big deal for me!

****
Right now, we are having a nice morning storm. Yes, it is raining again! Our grass is beautiful and we haven't had to use much of our own water! God's sprinklers work so much better anyway.

We are actually very lucky here in Edmond. We haven't seen a lot of the flooding that other areas have. I am sure if my house and surrounding area was flooded, I would be pretty sick of the rain.

****

Have a great Thursday!

6 comments:

Krista said...

beautiful! I love the colors. And the photos. And the mobile. And everything else.

Wanna come do my bedroom?

Anonymous said...

I agree - looks great! My mom even mentioned that you needed to come and help her redo her house. I'll have to check out that website you mentioned.

Christy

Christy said...

looks very nice!! love the chocolate roof!! great look =)

H Noble said...

Its beautiful Aimee! I love it all, and especially the great frame bargain.

We are in the process of ripping up our carpet in the halls and living room and putting in wood floor. I'll let you know how big a project it turns into! ;)
H

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I really like the colors, and the pictures, and the mobile, etc.!

Mom

Anonymous said...

How on earth can you possible enjoy a chocolate colored anything without wanting to get something chocolate to eat!!! It looks wonderful. You did a great job. Sandy