Monday, July 09, 2007

where have I gone?

...hee! hee! So, I haven't blogged for a week almost. So maybe you are wondering where I have been? Here at home.

Wednesday: The nation's birthday. I spent it cleaning house while the guys all went to see Transformers. Yes it is PG-13. And yes, Seth found out why. Much to his disappointment. He thought it would mainly be some sophisticated violence and maybe a few inuendos. There were some bad words and something that was very straight forward that is not meant for little boys' ears (and honestly, I wouldn't want my 13 year old son to hear it either). It makes us a little angry because don't the studios, directors, writers, whoever, know that little kids will want to see the film. Don't they realize the big boys who played with the toys in the 80s, will want to take their kids? Why do they have to make it PG-13? Ugg.

Anyway, we also went to see the Fireworks and that was a bust because the boys fell asleep within 5 minutes of it starting. So we left early. But we ate popcorn and had fun visiting before it started so I guess there was that.

Thursday: I decided to start painting my bedroom. I will show you pictures of the finished product, but let's just say that my ceiling reminds me of chocolate. Yum! I am painting the walls a white-gray color and it looks great so far. Makes our furniture really stand out. I hope to finish today.

We also went to the pool today and left right before a big downpour came. It rained for about an hour and a half. That is the last rain we have seen for 3 days straight. That is something, since it rained for 22 days in a row here. Now it is hot and muggy. But the evenings are beautiful so that is nice.

Friday: More painting. The boys had a play date and they had a lot of fun. We went to the pool again. The computer was down so I couldn't get on to blog. I really had intentions.

This day was Phoebe's birthday! If you haven't read Krista' blog about the big day, you should. It was very touching and funny.

Saturday: Our friends from Midland were up this way visiting family and so we had lunch with them in Norman. This was the first time we had gone there, so they, being OU alumni, showed us around the campus (very nice, even if it is OU), took me to Harold's (where they were having a great sale--skirt and capris were $10 and $20, respectively), and we ate at this Greek dive (where they shaved the meat from this giant cylinders of lamb/beef mix. That kind of grossed me out. I had a gyro and the meat pile was enough to feed a family of 6. It was really hot in there--remember the giant cylinders of meat? They were attached to this open warmer and sat right behind the counter. There were 4 of those and the place wasn't that big. It was literally a big oven in there.) I thought it was pretty good, but after a while, I really began thinking that it was too much--the atmosphere, the meat cylinders, the heat), so I was glad when we left.

But that was a fun day with our friends. We love that we can see them, even if it is once a year. They have two boys so Rhett and Noah had fun too.

That evening we went to the pool and then watched Monster House. The boys' first scary movie. It was actually pretty funny. Seth and I laughed hard at some parts. The boys were a little nervous about it, but Noah wants to watch it again. Rhett does not. :)

Sunday: We went to church, then had some friends over for dinner.

Seth tried to get the boys to help him in the yard that afternoon. I could hear Noah cry the whole time--how it was so hot, how it was so hard. Reminded me of well, me. My dad would always make us rake the grass after he mowed--which actually was a big deal if you saw our yard. We lived in the country and also shared a yard with my grandparents, so it was a pretty big yard. We would have these huge piles of grass that we had to bag and haul somewhere. Not fun. I think I complained about it every time. It got even worse when Casey started mowing instead of Dad. Then I would have to rake by myself.

I guess I am a better person for it. And I don't hate yard work now, so in hindsight, it must have not been that bad. :)

Anyway, that was my week.

I hope you have a great Monday!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

Takes a lot longer to post when you skip doesn't it?! Perhaps that's why we are slackers and don't post much.
But it sounds like you've been busy and have been enjoying your summer. Sorry I missed you in Friona- too little time.
H

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post today. I can't wait to see the room once you finish painting.

Christy

Krista said...

mmmmm, chocolate ceiling...


I hated raking the grass. Worst job ever!