Monday, July 16, 2007

no work for you!

...Seth is on vacation this week and although we don't have any big plans, we are glad he is taking a break. That said, I don't know how much of us he can take. Us means the boys and me. Yesterday we went to the mall after church so I could get my wedding ring cleaned. One hour, two Disney store purchases (walkie talkies for Rhett and a Buzz Lightyear Art Set for Noah--both on clearance), one "wedding ring will be back Wednesday because it is getting sent off to be Rodiumed" (don't ask me how to spell that-I am not really sure) plus a lifetime guarantee purchase and one pair of shoes (for me, on sale--60% off!) later, we got out of there.
The spots on Seth's shirt are part of Noah's art set. It is the glitter glue. Glitter glue is how Seth talked Noah into the art set. Noah wanted a plastic aquarium that you fill up with water and put plastic "things" in that float. He wanted this because he didn't have an aquarium in his room. Uh, hello? We have a real life fish aquarium in the living room! Anyway, Seth talked Noah into the art set and when he tried to help Noah open the glitter glue, this is what happened. Glitter all over his shirt, his hands and arms. Glitter boy. You can see he was really happy.
This is the grasshopper that we found on Rhett's flowers. I have never seen one quite like this one before. I've seen the big, brown ones but never the green ones. Pretty cool.
And these are the two boys gathering the trash for me. At least that was what they were supposed to be doing. Instead they figured out how to ride the elliptical trainer together. They had fun. Hey, I am glad someone is using it. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with you guys! Hope Seth is enjoying his time off. You all have a great week - and thanks for including the pictures!

Christy

H Noble said...

Fun family stuff! I can imagine how 'thrilled' Seth was to have the glitter glue explode! Wow.

From the looks of it, I think we have the same elliptical you do. Funny.

Cool grasshopper. (Not so cool when you think about how they destroy your plants, but he's pretty anyway!)
H