Monday, July 30, 2007

one after another

...It is finally warming up. Woo. This morning, I let the boys go out to the front yard and play while I sanded my buffet cabinet at 9, and by 9:15, Noah was ready to go back inside, siting that it was just too hot to play.

The buffet cabinet is the one that was in my craft room. I am repainting it black and putting it in the breakfast area of the kitchen. I am excited about this project because I really need more storage space in the kitchen.

All of my scrapbooking supplies and the boys' art supplies are crammed in the office right now. I am going to repaint the craft (dining room) room, entry way and hallway and then I will be ready for a trip to Frisco, TX. Why? That is where the nearest IKEA store is and that is where I want to get my tables and bookshelves for the craft room.

And are you wondering how I am getting all of this done? Well, I am sanding a little bit a day because 1) it is really hot out there and 2) sanding really makes my arms tired :) and I am going to start painting today at 5 because that is when the boys go to a party for 4 hours and I will have uninterrupted paint time. They are very excited about this party because "no grown-ups are allowed" except my neighbor, whom every kid thinks is the coolest mom ever anyway. And she really is.

Anyway, have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Call me when you come to Frisco. I'm sure Holly and I could meet you at IKEA for a little girl shopping time!!

Krista said...

You've inspired me to get going with my own home-improvement projects. Good luck getting everything finished!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great - of course, I want to see pictures. You would be proud as we, well, Casey really - painted our master bath.

Christy

Amanda said...

How exciting! Hope you get everything completed!

H Noble said...

Ooh! Girl shopping at IKEA!!! Okay, Seth can come too if he really wants to. :)
Seriously, come make a weekend trip and you guys can stay with us. A mini reunion!

Can you come sand the dresser we got for the nursery? You should have major muscles by then, and I'm dreading it!
H