Tuesday, July 10, 2007

some recent faves

...I haven't had a list in a while, so here is a list of three things that have made me declare, "I love that!"

*The movie Music & Lyrics. I was not going to watch this. I thought it would be too cheesy. But Seth rented it for me and last night I watched it and although, it was cheesy (but who am I kidding? I love cheesy movies) it was also funny and endearing. If you ever loved anything about 80 pop bands, then you must watch the first 5 minutes of this movie.

*Cereal Straws. I admit, when Rhett and Noah picked the Cocoa Krispy's and Fruit Loop's cereal straws for a snack, I was not impressed. But these things are good. I don't use them in milk, like they say too, and I love them. Crispy and flaky on the outside, with a chocolate or fruit-flavored inside---yummy!

*Experimenting with Ice Cream. This is very recent. I watched Scoop, on Food Network where they had 5 contestants make flavors for Haagan-Daas (sp?) and the winner would have their new flavor hit the shelves. How fun does that sound? So I decided to do the same (without the fame or glory--just for my family). I made Key Lime Pie Ice Cream the other day and it was pretty good, I have to say. I am thinking of other flavors to try. It is a fun way to spend time in the kitchen, when it is too hot to cook anything.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ice cream! My favorite treat is a strawberry shortcake sundae. I've never tried to make my own, but it sure it a good combo. Maybe something to try - doesn't sound too hard??

Christy

H Noble said...

Mmm... we love ice cream too! My last round was Oreo, which I love, but as J doesn't like chocolate...

Was Music & Lyrics the one with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore? That looked too cheesy to me too!
H