Tuesday, July 24, 2007

a prayer request

...A while back I think I mentioned one of our friend's friends, who has cancer. Her name is Julie Lyons and she has melanoma and recently they found lesions on her brain. You can read her story here: http://www.lyonsfamily.org/.

I ask for prayers for Julie as she goes through a tough procedure tomorrow. She has 3 small kids. She is only 34.

About a year ago, my sister Jana lost a high school friend who was around that age to lung cancer. She had 3 small kids. I think about her often because I am around that age, with small children. So are my sisters and most of my friends.

It makes me scared. Sad. Frustrated.

So I pray for Julie mostly because she needs to be there while her kids are growing up. Children need their moms. When I pray for Julie, I know in my heart I am praying for all moms and dads with illnesses.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Thanks for sharing Aimee. You've given me some perspective on a day I'm feeling sorry for myself. I needed a reminder that things aren't so bad.

Christy said...

Sorry to hear about your friend - she and her family will be in my prayers..

H Noble said...

Thanks for caring about others Aimee, and for teaching your children what's important in life as well. We'll keep her in our prayers.
H

Amanda said...

How sad...will be praying for them!