Monday, November 12, 2007

don't fence out your friends

...Today I am thankful that my boys have friends. Does that sound funny? I hope not. It is just kind of a relief to know that they have good friends. Good friends are hard to find and not everyone is so lucky. Rhett is going home with a friend--he is a car-rider today and that has gotten him so worried! I told him to just follow his friend and he should be fine--and Noah has a friend over right now. They love playing with their friends and it makes me happy to see them surrounded by kids that love to have fun.

I am also thankful that they have neighbors to play with. This weekend Seth and I worked on our new fence and so I was glad they had playmates to keep them busy.

Our fence is looking wonderful by the way. It is made out of cedar and is tall and there is no way our dogs can get out. Yay!

And yes, I see the contrast of this post. I am saying how wonderful it is to have friends and neighbors but then I am talking about a tall fence that we are building to keep people out. But Seth and I really like knowing we can go into our backyard and not have the whole neighborhood peeking in. Not that they are or even want to, just nice to know we have some privacy. Not that we are doing anything that warrants that. It is just nice.

But just so you know, our neighbors are always welcome. Well, mostly always.

I hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Fences are a good thing...they provide protection which we always need. As long as you have a "gate" you are not shutting anyone out. We have personal boundaries too...and even when we have friends, good friends, we still need to have those boundaries.
And yes it is wonderful when we see our children being social creatures and stretching themselves from the "home" base, feeling confident and sure of themsleves.

Krista said...

A neighbor of ours who has been perfectly nice for the past five years yelled at Chris this weekend for the way he was mowing the lawn...so yeah, it's nice to have a fence!