Tuesday, November 06, 2007

it's that time again

...time to enjoy looking at the fall colors, time to start snuggling under more covers at night, time for Christmas songs to start playing in stores (it gets earlier every year), time to be thinking about the holidays, and time to start my Thankful List! I did this last year--every day in November (that I blogged) I wrote about something I am thankful for. It really is good for the soul to think about things you appreciate, so I am doing it again.

I am thankful...

...that I have gotten a jump start on my holiday prep. Today I ordered my Christmas cards! Woohoo! Believe me when I say I did a dance `a la Evan Almighty when I got that done. I know the most time-consuming part is still to come (addressing) but I really am okay with that. I am happy because it means Christmas is coming. It means that people will be sending us Christmas cards. I love opening the mailbox and seeing different colored envelopes in the mix of bills and junk. It means that people cared enough to write our address (or type it out) on it to send it to us. In this techo world where email has replaced most mail correspondance, it means a lot. So, I am thankful for friends and family sending Christmas cards too. :)

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Toby E. said...

I was just looking in the stores today thinking I need to get mine bought soon. (should have done it when I found some I really liked a few weeks ago)
So good for you on getting a head start.
And I agree...the music gets earlier and earlier. I've been hearing it since right before my b-day.

Cheryl Wray said...

You are doing GREAT!!! I bought my first Christmas present today (my husband already started his last week!).

AND...I'm doing a similar thing on my blog too. Posting something to be grateful for each day. Great idea, I think!!

Anonymous said...

I love, love getting Christmas cards as well! Connor and I went and bought a tree today, fake of course. :)

Christy

Sherry said...

Christmas cards are wonderful. They have been one of my most favourite parts of the holiday season since I was a very little girl.

Krista said...

My very favorite Christmas card ever was that Near and Far one you did a few years ago!

aimee said...

Krista-I loved that one too! This one will be good too-I think. Cheesy but good.

H Noble said...

I listened to Christmas music on my iPod at work today- I can't wait to get my decorations out and put up the tree! Yippee!
H