Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Year With 2 Trees

...I put up 2 Christmas trees this year. In retrospect, I realize how silly it is to have two trees one room apart from each other and Seth agreed. But let me explain. This year, I let the boys decorate our tree how they wanted it. They wanted the multi-colored lights and I like the white lights. But I said okay. I didn't help them with the ornaments and saw that all of their ornaments filled the tree. It looked great. But a little part of me wanted the tree I saw in my mind. So I got out our other tree has white lights pre-strung on it (thank goodness) and decorated it with red, white and silver ornaments. Rhett helped me with this and I love how it looks. I don't regret doing it. We had fun doing both trees. And if you sit in the chair in our living room, you can see both. (This is the chair Seth usually sits in, so lucky him!)

The boys did wonder if this means they will be getting double the presents. No. Well, would Santa know which tree to put the presents under?

I told them Santa knows that their mom went a little overboard this year and he would know exactly which tree was the present tree.

And if he gets confused, we won't have to look far for the gifts. It is only one room away.

5 comments:

Toby E. said...

Love your HO HO HA on the side. That is one of my favorite movies and I can quote almost the whole show. I can clearly picture that scene!!
And totally understand your need for two trees. Wish I had the energy for that. Think I'll just stick with the girls having their own personal mini trees in their rooms like my brother and I did.
Post some pics of them when you can.

Sherry said...

OMG...I laughed about 2 trees and double the presents!! Children's minds work in a most incredible way..and they never miss a beat!!!

I think you did the most sensible thing you could have done and I'm glad you did it...you gave the boys a children's tree and you gave Aimee her own tree of beauty...you're a good mom Charlie Brown!! :)

Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes Aimee!! xoxoxo

H Noble said...

Oh, Aimee! I love it! We have three trees this year, although one is only one foot tall, the second is two feet and the third is full size. We didn't put up the fourth, as we are 'saving money' and didn't get a real one this year. But they each have their own special flare, and that's okay. I will say that the one foot one is for the baby and is in his bathroom- its Texas themed to go with the Texas bathroom!
Happy Holidays and we can quote "Christmas Vacation" too!
H

Krista said...

There's nothing wrong with being extra-festive (says the person who's wondering if she's even going to bother with a tree this year...)

But is Santa bringing your kids' presents to OKC or to Friona? Because the only way I convinced Mallory that she had to get back on an airplane this Christmas is by telling her that Santa is bringing all the presents to Texas...

aimee said...

Krista, I'll do whatever gets Mallory to Texas! :)