Monday, June 23, 2008

a new week begins

...Last night we let balloons go with notes attached to them for the baby. At first, I thought I was doing this mainly for the boys. For closure. Turns out, Seth and I needed it more. We took pictures, but honestly, they are too personal to share here, so I found this image on the web. Like a child, I like the idea of my balloon reaching all the way to heaven. We watched them until they were no longer visible. Rhett said something like he hoped God would get them before a bird pops the balloon. Seth said God got them as soon as we wrote the notes. And I know he is right.

We made it through the week and I, for one, am so glad it is over and a new week is here. Last week, I kept myself so busy during the day that I didn't have a chance to think. Then, at bedtime, I was overwhelmed by thoughts. After two days of not being able to get to sleep, I decided to slow down. I bought myself a journal and now I write in it whenever I need to. It has helped a lot and now I can sleep again.

This week I want to take the boys to the library, start riding my bike again, start Pilates (I bought a video), plan my trip to New York, and find some fabric to recover my dining chairs. We also have 2 games and a practice for Rhett so we will be busy with baseball for sure.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. It really means a lot to me. I was initially mad at myself for letting my pregnancy be known on the blog. It was too soon, I thought. And then having to write that I had a miscarriage was hard. But after reading everyone's comments, I was no longer mad at myself. We needed that support from everyone. It showed that we have many people who care about us. So thank you.

I'm going to try out my pilates video now. Don't worry, it is only in 10 minute increments, so taking it easy is the only way to go. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts - I know it is tough.

Love you!
Christy

H Noble said...

I'm so glad that you all did the balloons together and that the boys understand its okay to be sad, but that God is holding your baby in His arms.
Take care of yourself Aim and know we love you.
H

Cheryl Wray said...

What a beautiful, beautiful thing you did with the balloons. That is such a wonderful idea.

Still praying for you and your sweet family.

Abbey said...

Many of my infertility books recommend the balloon idea. Releasing all your thoughts and worries to God has got to be such a rewarding experience. I'm so glad you are taking steps as a family to heal. God loves you and is beside you every step of this journey.

Amanda said...

What a heartfelt thing to do with the family. It really shows how you can give things up to God and let him take care of them. You and your family are in my prayers.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

i'm so sorry...
prayers and thoughts with your family... please take care...