Monday, June 02, 2008

pictures!

...Part 1
Here is Noah with his star certificate. What a wonderful idea. (I might have already said this so bear with me if you have read it before). His teachers got their Super Stars an actual star in the sky. I can't wait to look for it. I don't know if Noah actually understood the coolness of it but hopefully, when we find the star, he'll see.


Noah took this photo of me at his school. I know, I look terrible, but I want to show you exactly what kind of hair condundrum I am in currently. I have been too tired to actually fix my hair so I have been letting it dry naturally and it is quite the curly, frizzy mess. Also, I became pregnant before I could re-color my hair closer to its natural hair color, so the blond-brassy color is about 2 inches from my roots now. So, I am trying to figure out what to do. I know, big problem. (I am being sarcastic. I know it isn't a huge problem, but I am at the point I might want to shave it off or buy lots of hats.)

This is Seth after his hole-in-one over Memorial Day weekend. His parents, the boys and Seth and I played putt-putt one night and it was so much fun. I also had a hole-in-one. Seth beat me by one point. Sigh.
Rhett, not wanting to be left out, wanted his picture taken with his finger in the air. Since he had just taken a 2 on the previous hole (which is great!), I let him hold up 2 fingers. The boys did really well. They had fun and didn't complain most of the time. At the end, Noah got a blister on his foot and broke down but at least we were at hole 18.
We were so glad Nana and Pop came to spend the weekend with us. I think putt-putt was one of the best times we had. We (ok, I didn't go) also went fishing and the boys caught some fish! They were pretty excited. When they told Rhett to throw it back, he took it literally and threw the fish like a football into the water. Poor fish.

And here is the picture I promised you two weeks ago. Noah with no training wheels! He is amazing. It took me so long to learn how to ride a bike. And he learns in his first day. Do you like his vest in the 90+ degree heat? Afterward, he said, "Man, I got hot!" He was happy though. And we were very proud. Rhett had to get a new bike. A 20 incher! It looks so huge and he looks so big on it. No doubt they are growing up...
I'll have a few more pictures later this week. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Way to go Noah, both the star and the bike. (It took me months and months to learn how to ride too!) I sometimes let my hair just dry in the morning too--I think the key is a good finishing gel to tame the frizz. I'm using some kind of Matrix product now that works pretty well.

Anonymous said...

If you will remember, we didn't have those things called sidewalks when you were trying to learn to ride your bikes. Between the dirt roads and always getting flat tires, it is a miracle that any of you learned! Yay Noah. I'm proud of him.

Mom

Cheryl Wray said...

Such great pictures!!!! Good times!!

H Noble said...

Hey there chica! You don't have to apologize for your hair- I've been known to let mine dry that way too. Good news though- it is perfectly safe for you and your baby to dye your hair while you are pregnant. And that comes straight from your very own personal ob nurse. :) The chemicals used now are much safer than in the 'old days'.

And you look just fine!
Congrats to the boys on their accomplishments!
H

Anonymous said...

Oh, you girls with natural wave to your hair...mine is so straight! :) It is pony tail all summer for me! Regardless, you look great! Congrats to Noah!

Christy