Wednesday, August 10, 2011

if I could, I really would

Or wishing, hoping, thinking and praying part 2


This past week, Tulsa has seen rain! And not just a little sprinkle either. Real thunderstorms, pouring rain. Of course, one of my little pine trees looks worse than ever, because that sweet rain knocked off all the dead needles.  Anyone know if that will grow back?
I placed water bottles with small holes in the bottom to help water the trees throughout the day.  Like a dripline, I guess. It's a good way for me to justify drinking from plastic water bottles still.  I can't break the habit!! :)

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! But one can see the effects of the droughts.  Winds have brought down trees limbs (I'm sure they are not as strong as they used to be), fences and small plants just look beat down.  However, that is a very small price to pay for the rain. 

I actually collected the rain that was dripping off our roof and one thought popped into my head when I saw the full buckets:

I really wish I could send it down to Texas.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you could too.
Sandy