Monday, August 15, 2011

need: one wafflemaker, handle attached please

I made waffles today.  I was thinking waffles would be a great thing to make and freeze for mornings when I felt rushed (school starts in 4 days!).  I got them made, but there was a problem.:

 I guess sometime during the move last year, the handle broke off on the waffle iron.  (iron? maker? which do you use?) I didn't think too much of it this morning until I realized you need the handle to unlock the latch to open the darn thing.  Being the innovative person that I am though, I didn't worry.  I would find something other than my fingers to push on the buttons where the handle used to be (it gets super hot as you can probably figure out.)  I did find that the bottoms of wooden spoons would work, after not working countless many times.  But I made batch after batch because I had a plan.

To answer your questions:

1. No, I haven't made waffles in more than a year, so I never realized the handle broke off.

2. No, not homemade.  I bought a Belgian waffle mix.  Pretty good if you ask me.  I went the healthier route:  I put blueberries, cinnamon-sugar, plus a drizzle of real maple syrup and it was super-delicious.  The other route would be drowning in maple syrup and butter.  So an improvement.  Rhett had blueberries and a drowning, Noah had peanut butter and blueberries, no syrup at all.  We each had only one.
3. No, I don't really think I need to rush out and buy a waffle iron maker iron (I'm going with waffle iron.  I think) anytime soon, since I haven't used it in a year.  But, I am planning on making the boys breakfast more than I have in the past so maybe in 3-6 months.  :)
4. I'm throwing it away, as soon as it cools down.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am impressed that you managed to make waffles without the handle.

My question, however, is, did you manage to make waffles without the batter oozing out of the sides? Because that's what always happens to me, and it's such a mess that I only make waffles about once a year.