Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rhett-5th grader; Noah-3rd grader


First day of school.

The bus situation is a little sticky right now and I'm hoping that this afternoon, the bus even comes to our neighborhood.  This whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm a little sad that all the kids had to witness the stressful situation. 

Here's a quick recap:  Bus stop routes were changed.  One stop in the neighborhood.  Several upset parents (I'm included in this.  I don't understand it because of several reasons I won't go into right now).  This morning, many cars lined the street where the bus was to make the stop.  Transportation director shows up, threatens to divert bus.  Noah and I leave, after Noah gets stressed out that parents and transportation direction are arguing. 

Here's the thing.  I am upset about the bus route change.  To a point.  I wish there were something we could do.  To a point.  But, and here is a big BUT, I'm out if it means my child gets to school late or he starts seeing a side of me that isn't pretty.  I feel for those parents that both work and rely on the bus.  I feel for the transportation director who has a job to do.  But nobody handled it well.  There were parents getting upset about it the bus not coming, parents getting upset that the transportation director was not seeing everyone's side, parents getting upset at other parents for not cooperating.  It was getting ugly and I'm not good at confrontation nor conflict.  So we left.  And now I'm left wondering what is going to happen.  Will it just blow over? Will it change? I don't know.  Right now I just hope that at 3:45 and 4:00, my kids' busses drop them off in our neighborhood. 

Sigh.  Here's hoping that the boys have a good day regardless.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Ick, that doesn't sound good. I'm sorry the morning was stressful and I hope it gets better.

On a happy note, your boys look gorgeous and grownup.

Anonymous said...

What a way to start a new year! Those things should have already been worked out. Hope the rest of your day and year is much better. Love the pictures. Tell Noah his shirt is cool.
Sandy

Karen said...

What handsome boys - and so grown-up!

Sorry about the bus situation. Hope it gets settled soon.

Anonymous said...

Rough start! :( And I probably say this every year, but gosh...Rhett looks soooo grown up!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Oh, and cute house across the street! :) When can we see yours?

Christy