Monday, August 22, 2011

nothing is sweeter than with you*

Good Monday to you! I'm happy today. 13 years! Yea us!  I made Seth a picture cd using a song that is my very favorite ever.  It is called Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and describes perfectly what I feel for my sweet husband.  The chorus goes:

Ahh. Home. Let me come home.
Home is wherever I'm with you.
Ahh. Home. Let me come home.
Home is where I'm alone with you.

I'm a lucky girl. 

In other news....

This picture will tell you how our weekend was:
It was busy and went too fast as usual.  However, I will say that those 2 and a half hours we were outside on Saturday afternoon was pretty awful.  The boys did great at their flag football game and I think had a pretty good time.  But it was so so so hot and humid.  I drank down 2 bottles of water and a half a gatorade and I was just sitting!! We were so sweaty and wet and I hope to never relive that experience.  When I got in my car after that games, the thermometer said 116 degrees.  I know it wasn't that hot but it did feel like it at times.  Whew. 

I will say I did enjoy using my camera! It does great for capturing the action.  I was a little afraid for it cause it got so hot, but I would put it in a cooler bag for awhile and luckily it survived.

Here is Noah:
Don't you love his green mouthguard? :)


Rhett got to play quarterback some and was cool and collected.  (Well, maybe just collected):


He also caught a pass perfectly and scored a touchdown!





Sunday came and Rhett came down with a fever, so he is home with me today.  (Feeling better but you have to be fever free 24 hours before going back to school.  I think it would be fine, but I don't want someone else breaking that rule, so I won't either).  I hate that he is already missing a day of school though.  Seriously. I guess you can't help it.

The bus situtation was a little better on Friday but you know, everything has its positives.  I have met so many neighbors and have become friends with a few of them over this bus thing so you just never know.  :) Plus Noah actually rode his scooter to the bus stop this morning with a friend and her parents and that is big in itself! haha.

I hope everyone has a great day!

*I love you Seth! Thanks for everything you do.  Happy Anniversary.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Anniversary! Yay for the boys and their athleticism. Yay for me that my girls don't like to do anything outside. :)

Karen said...

Yay Rhett and Noah. I have to say that they looked plenty hot!

Happy anniversary - and many more.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they really were enjoying it--even Noah. Maybe the next game will be cooler for all.
Happy anniversary--can't believe it has been that long. Seems like yesterday.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not pulling out any pics of your wedding party! :) Happy Anniversary!

Christy