Wednesday, August 03, 2011

this heat is making me cranky

(and other things that are driving me insane)

*The boys have dentist appointments today.  I know this because a) the dentist office has called at least 3 times on my cell, once on my home phone and once to Seth's cell, b) they have mailed postcards a month ago to remind us, c) they have sent me text messages twice, d) they have emailed me last week, and this week.  Can I say, overkill?  Wouldn't it be funny if I forgot now?  haha

*The City of Bixby has been under voluntary water restrictions for a few weeks now.  Now, the City of Tulsa is beginning voluntary water restrictions.  I am fine with that.  What I am not fine with is my HOA watering the "public" landscaping in my neighborhood in the heat of the day, after sending us all an email about said water restrictions.  I sent an email this morning.  I was that angry.

*Flag football practice starts Thursday for Rhett and Friday for Noah.  Because of the heat, they have moved all practices to 7 pm.  Do I think it will cool off by 7 pm?  When the low has been  87 degrees? No. 

*The bus stop will no longer stop right in front of my house.  They had to slash the budget, so now the bus stops at the front of the neighborhood and that is it.  I'm not mad about this, just wistful. 

*School is 15 days away.  This has been the first week all summer that I have been glad it is coming.  But Seth let me go grocery shopping by myself the other night and then the boys played with friends yesterday, so I am good again.  :)

Thanks for letting me get some things off my chest.  I'm feeling a tad better.  Now I need to get ready to go...let's see, where did I need to go today...oh yeah, the dentist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...flag football already?!? In LBK they start tackle at 5yrs - um, crazy! We've already decided against that! (Remind me of this post in 2yrs!)

Christy