Monday, January 19, 2009

fourth file, third picture

...So, Holly photo tagged me and the rules were to open your fourth file and pick your fourth picture and then tell about it. Well, I opened the fourth file and then looked at the fourth picture and it was of a building. The one next to it was perfect. I'll tell you why.

Today is Krista's birthday! And the photo above is of Krista and myself drinking mojitos the first night in New York. I honestly can't remember what the big stick in the drink is. Cactus maybe? Anyway, we had interesting Cuban food with our mom and our sister Jana and had the best time the rest of our trip.

It takes effort on all of us to see each other more than once a year (okay it takes effort for all of us to get together once a year as well). Most of the time, Krista is the one who has to travel the farthest (and having a daughter afraid of flying doesn't help). But New York was different. It took her less time to get there than the rest of us and I was happy that was so.

When we are together it is hard for us to actually talk to each other because there are seven kids running around. In New York, it was just the four of us. And we talked. And it was lovely. And sometimes we didn't talk. And it was just as lovely. I told myself I could get used to it. Being around my sisters and mom that is.

I miss them when we are away from each other. I love that Krista blogs because it feels like we talk everyday now.

Krista, happy birthday. I hope you have a great day (and a relatively uneventful one). The boys give you a big cyber hug. We all love you!

Oh and Krista, consider yourself tagged. Fourth file, fourth picture (or whichever picture you want) and tell the story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture - and great story.

Mom

Krista said...

I think our trip to NY was the best thing about 2008, other than the election. So, thanks for the birthday wishes and for the memories!

H Noble said...

Yea! Thanks for playing, and I think its just fine that you picked a better picture than just following the rules. :)